Sensor technology, the Internet of Things, and Big Data analytics are some of the hottest areas in tech right now. At Savi Technology we offer you the ability to work on ALL of these, with three critical differentiators. First, you get to work with a fantastic tech stack. Second, you get to use this technology to solve very interesting, real-world problems. Third, you get to see some of the largest companies in the world use your solutions everyday—on billions of dollars of “things”—to realize millions of dollars of value.
Savi Technology is hiring experienced engineers excited by the prospect of using streaming analytics and machine learning to enable our customers to change their entire operations of their enterprises using insights and predictions from sensor and IoT data. We are looking for engineers with experience in analytics and machine learning as well as engineers capable of working with streaming analytics and complex event processing. We have created a DAG-based architecture using Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra and Solr that combines data ingestion, transformation, finite state processing, aggregation, indexing, and immutable storage to essentially create a Google-like infrastructure for sensor data (imagine building the equivalent of Google Analytics and IFTTT for the industrial IoT). We tackle fun challenges like ingestion of data in real-time—with any need of an API—and self-healing, exactly-once processing at thousands of transactions per node per second (we recently converted from Storm and MapReduce to Spark–Streaming and batch.)
We work in small, multi-disciplined teams of product managers, hardware engineers, data engineers, data scientists, application engineers, and devops professionals. You will see your work in production in days or weeks—not months. You will get the opportunity and flexibility to explore a wide range of technologies and challenges (you can expand into work in everything from front end tech to data engineering to firmware programming).
If you believe “it’s all about the data” and are excited by the combination of a “can do” startup culture and the customer base and financials of an established company, and want to use the Internet of Things to build solutions to tackle big real-world challenges, then Savi Technology is right for you.
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree
- 5+ years experience developing large-scale, distributed data platforms and data processing solutions for PaaS / DaaS platforms, Internet-scale companies, government agencies, etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
You should also have significant experience in several of the following areas:
- Data ingestion using distributed queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ, AMQP, Kafka, or ZeroMQ,
- Streaming analytics and complex event processing using Storm, Spark, IBM InfoStreams, or similar technologies
- Proven experience using MapReduce, Spark, other ETL/ELT technologies to process TBs of data daily, across hundreds (or even thousands) of continuously running jobs
- Deep understanding of how to design high-performant data models for multiple NoSQL data stores (file stores, wide column databases, key-value stores, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Impala, Presto, and similar tools for SQL-like exploration of large-scale data sets
Even better, you also:
- Enjoy designing interactive analytics solutions
- Are comfortable with the flexibility of high-agile environments
- Prefer using Continuous Integration and Deployment to reduce manual work
- Are interested blurring the line between Software Engineering & Data Science
- Have experience in geospatial processing at scale
Savi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Bonus points for sharing your Github account with your resume.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.