Do you want to help create incredible human computer interactions, like Cortana and HoloLens?
We build the platform that 1st and 3rd parties use to create speech and audio experiences on Windows 10 based devices, including HoloLens, Xbox, phones, tablets, desktops, and IoT devices. We're a growing team of expert engineers working in an agile and highly energetic environment. We want to change the world and we need you to help!
We need moderately and highly experienced software engineers who are poised to play a key role in our mission to change the world. Join our team and help us design and assemble next generation consumer speech and audio optimized hardware, technology, and user experiences. A perfect fit in this environment requires you to be:
• Adaptable to meet the dynamic goals in an agile team.
• Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress.
• Passionate about creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
• A proven collaborator across all disciplines, including Engineering and Design.
• Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies.
We work in a culture where all our team members value:
• Innovation: trying new things, leading the way Inclusiveness: making other great, transparency
• Energy: having fun, following your passion, and making things happen
• Improvement: learning from experience and fostering curiosity
• Winning: sticking at things for the long term, living and breathing the competition
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer with a background in creation of the Shell, core interaction models, applications, controls, and core system user experiences. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and perfecting of magical experiences and applications for a groundbreaking products.
• Deliver complex software components of our products.
• Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, PM?s and Quality for sustained long term success
• Partner with the architects and other technical drivers to deliver solid technical designs
• Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
• Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
• Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
• Drive detailed design reviews, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
Successful candidates must have:
• 2+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped Operating System Shells, 3D UI, novel user interaction models, games, or consumer applications.
• Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
• Native development skills in C++ design and coding, with strong debugging skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Successful candidates should have one or more of the following:
• Experience with application creation, or closely related experiences
• Experience with Unity, WinRT, Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox, Mac, or Android system UI development.
• Experience with UI Frameworks such as XAML/Jupiter, WWA, WPF, Silverlight, and tools like Blend.
• Experience with Common Control libraries for the above.
• Background in computer graphics (especially 3D).
• NUI development such as Kinect for Windows or similar.
• Experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.