As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of ARM’s Wireless Business Unit focused on developing low power wireless IP for the rapidly growing IoT market. Our wireless software group designs, codes, and tests the standards-based protocol software that is essential to our complete wireless solution. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of world class engineers creating the next generation of low power wireless technology.
As a senior member of the team you will be a technical leader responsible for the development of wireless platform software with hands-on involvement during the entire process from specification to implementation and commercial release. You will coordinate the platform software engineering tasks, collaborate with hardware designers, and work closely with the wireless protocol software development teams. This role may also require regular travel between ARM sites in the US.
What will I be accountable for?
- Designing and implementing device drivers and radio driver software.
- Designing and implementing low level embedded code such as boot, firmware load, firmware patching, and radio calibration/trimming.
- Software bring-up for new FPGAs, chips, and boards.
- Creating software development kits for ARM’s wireless hardware platforms.
- Working in cooperation with the digital design team.
- Directing the work of other software engineers involved in your projects.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 or more years programming experience in a commercial development environment.
- Experience developing low-level embedded driver software.
- Experience in industry standard wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, 802.15.4, 802.11, or NFC.
- Experience as a software project lead.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.