The Software Engineer is part of Viewics’ SaaS architecture team, which is responsible for designing and developing core product architectural and functional components for Viewics Pulse enterprise SaaS data visualization and analytics platform. The Software Engineer will work with leads and a small team of engineers on cutting edge technologies with rapid prototyping and proof of concepts for new products and features.
Sunnyvale, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Detailed technical design and development of large core product architectural and functional components
- Collaborate with leads and help with technology stack evaluation and proof of concepts for UI, mobile, Java platform, storage, system integration, reporting, analytics, Big Data, IoT, etc.
- Code reviews for core platform components
- Collaborate with QA on functional, performance, and security testing
- Lead and resolve critical customer escalations on architectural and technical issues
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on Java, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products)
- Experience and knowledge with MVC, SOA, REST architecture
- Experience and knowledge of Java platform with any one or more of JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere application servers
- Experience with basic data modeling and SQL with Oracle, MySQL, or MS SQL Server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing Silicon Valley startup environment
- Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with MVC, Spring, Hibernate, Java, J2EE, Rabbit MQ, ElasticSearch, REST technologies will be a plus
- Knowledge of report writing tools such as Crystal Reports, Jasper reports a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Viewics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.