Zillow is looking for software engineers with various levels of experience to join a growing world-class data science and engineering group dedicated to excellence. The mission of the data science and engineering group is to create unique content and features powered by sophisticated analytics atop Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes. The group is responsible for cutting-edge analytic products such as the Zestimate®, Rent Zestimate® and housing indices. Building consumer-facing analytic products powering Zillow’s industry-leading online marketplace puts the team and this role at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer.
What’s in it for you:
- Building cutting-edge, highly parallelized, big data, machine-learning applications in the cloud. Sounds like a Mad Lib of marketing jargon, but we’re serious…that’s what you’ll be building.
- Small team = big impact. Zillow product development is highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of brilliant, ambitious and fast-moving people.
What you’ll do:
- Design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data.
- Collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution.
- Applicants should have a degree (BS+) in a Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2-7 years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving big data and machine learning.
- Strong OO coding skills.
- Expertise with the data analysis languages R and Python.
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark is a plus.
- Experience with databases of various vendors and types.
- Experience with modern source control (Git, Hg, SVN).
- Experience with Amazon AWS services (specifically S3, EMR, RDS and EC2).
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.