Interested in building test and performance automation for network protocols, embedded software, mobile applications or distributed systems as they apply to the Internet of Things? The SDET team is a critical part of the build, break and rebuild process at SmartThings, verifying both reliability and quality of all systems from embedded software through globally distributed cloud applications.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. Someone who loves to break things and inject quality into software throughout the entire development lifecycle. As an SDET, you will be given the opportunity design and build test automation infrastructure to have a direct and meaningful impact on the quality of the SmartThings platform.
- Build and maintain automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies to assess product quality
- Integrate with Continuous Delivery infrastructure to establish continuous test cycle
- Establish processes and toolsets to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or Go
- 2+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a production development organization
- Experience in a Continuous Delivery SDLC environment
- 5 years of relevant experience, including IoT industry experience
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging applications
- Experience in web application and device test automation using Selenium WebDriver, Robotium, Appium or any equivalent tools
- Experience in web application load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or any equivalent tools
- Experience testing RESTful web APIs and custom TCP protocols
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of internet and networking technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
SmartThings provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe our culture is about more than free beer and unlimited vacation: it's about respect, openness, and a drive to improve. If you believe in building people, communities, and software, then you are welcome here.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.