Zillow is looking for a Software Development Engineer Intern for our Big Data Engineering team in the summer of 2017. Zillow is a data-driven organization, and the Software Development Engineer Intern is critical to providing the bridge between raw data and actionable business insights. We need a strong team player with a passion for business intelligence and a unique set of skills and interests. This is a great position that can grow in many possible directions as our team here grows. Must love working with business teams and data to understand problems and know how to apply data to get things done.
What’s in it for you:
Building cutting-edge, highly parallelized, big data processing applications in the cloud, accompanied with large-scale systems engineering and distributed computing.
- Small team = big impact. Zillow development is highly decentralized in order to create the speed of a small team and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of brilliant, ambitious and fast-moving people.
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain ETL pipelines to support data and analytical needs
- Experiment with new business intelligence and big data technologies while exploring new ways of looking at data to solve business needs
- Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, develop fixes and design auditing to capture future data issues
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong coding skills, either Java, Python, C# or any major programming language
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design
- Familiarity with dimensional data modeling/Kimball methodologies
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with AWS, EMR, Hive, Presto Google Compute Engine, or Amazon Redshift desired
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Understands how to and loves extracting useful information from data. Able to analyze data and translate into actionable insights which can be easily understood and utilized by the entire organization.
- Quick learner and proactive personality
- High energy and creativity; openness to new ideas/approaches; willingness to be flexible and do whatever you can to bring value to the team
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.