Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with others to define project requirements and scope, and plan for upcoming work.
- You will work with your team in an agile development environment and collaborate with QA and UX.
- You will participate in code reviews and discussions with other developers, lead software design and code walkthrough meetings.
- You will explore and innovate on the Sonos products during hack week.
Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience designing and building scalable and highly available web applications in a distributed system with a focus on high concurrency and low latency.
- Experience working with a commercial cloud services platform, such as AWS.
- Expertise in Java & Java web frameworks.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and multi-threaded programming.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software under tight time constraints.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have!
- Experience with the IoT – combining embedded devices and cloud services.
- Experience with embedded software, and writing software under memory and CPU constraints.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and other networking protocol stacks.
- Familiarity with web application security, SSL, OAuth.
- Experience with performance testing, measuring KPIs, benchmarking, load injection, OS and app tuning.
- Experience with big data and machine learning.
- Experience and proficiency in C++.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience building publicly available APIs
How to Audition
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
More About Our Band
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.