Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Summary: Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the design of embedded controllers and communication interfaces.
- Uses development tools to create board functions in C.
- Engineer and implement control algorithms.
- Implement standard communication protocols.
- Responsible for the conception, design, development, and performance evaluation of the assigned products.
- Estimates and schedules projects to meet development costs and completion dates, in accordance with new product introduction practices.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Prepares complete documentation of products, including part specification, material specifications, dimensional data, operational characteristics, and installation data for future reference, catalogs, and bulletins. Works with and coordinates the efforts of necessary listing agencies such as UL, BTL Mark, LonMark, etc.
- Responsible for acquainting and training Product Engineering in new or redesigned products.
- Works closely with and advises Marketing and Application Engineering in the special application of that product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (Technical, Scientific, Engineering)
- 5 or more years of related engineering experience.
- PC skills with Word, Excel, Access, Visual Basic and knowledge of rules-based engineering.
- Familiar with protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes and other tools used to verify hardware and software products. Certified LonWorks developer.
- Embedded controller experience required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Replacement – Tim Schmid
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.