The Software Architect at Viewics is responsible for leading the engineering team to build and deliver Viewics Pulse enterprise SaaS data visualization and analytics platform. Software Architect will work with fellow architects, product managers, and a small team of engineers on rapid prototyping and proof of concepts for new products and features. The Software Architect will work with senior software engineers to decide the best technology stack, configurations, designs, and architecture blueprint for Viewics products to have high security, scalability, availability, reliability, and low total cost of ownership and maintenance. The Software Architect will be a part of the Viewics architecture team reporting directly to Senior Software Architect.
- Software architecture and technical design standards for Viewics Pulse enterprise SaaS data visualization and analytics platform
- Contribute in creating the technology product roadmap and high level technical designs for core platform components
- Lead technology stack evaluation and proof of concepts for UI, mobile, Java platform, storage, system integration, reporting, analytics, Big Data, IoT, etc.
- Application deployment architecture and sizing for best product stability, performance, security, reliability, and supportability on cloud
- Own 3rd party, open source software adoption, replacement, upgrade, and maintenance
- Own software code vault, lead product technical design and code reviews for core platform components
- Lead and resolve critical customer escalations on architectural and technical issues
- Pre-sales support on technical and architectural discussions with customers and prospects
- Train and mentor engineers
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 12+ years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on Java, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products)
- Experience with designing multi-tenant enterprise SaaS application using SOA, REST architecture
- Master level experience and in-depth knowledge of Java platform with any one or more of the following: JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere application servers
- Experience and knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, and data modeling with any of the following: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or MS SQL Server
- Strong persuasive verbal, visual, and written communication skills. Able to effectively present and influence software engineers with strong opinions
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly growing Silicon Valley start-up environment
- Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Big Data technologies — any of the following: HP Vertica, Hadoop, SPARK, Amazon EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and/or DynamoDB
- Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, and S3
- Experience with business intelligence tools such Tableau, Jasper reports, SAP Business Objects, or Microstrategy will be a big plus
- Experience in health care business and industry a big plus
A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree desired but not mandatory.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in a fast-fast growing, early stage startup
- Onsite cafeteria, catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Ten paid company holidays
- Unlimited vacation – work hard and take time when you need it
- Great health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Central Peninsula location with easy 101 access
- Fun and entertainment: Wine/Beer o’clock Fridays, monthly BBQ on roof top, team outings like Bocce Ball, Pool, Wine tasting
Viewics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.