We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist… yet.
We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
Your assignments will be varied and fast-paced – anything from hands-on development tasks to planning technical strategy and mentoring other team members. You will utilize your deep technical knowledge to tackle the challenges of rapidly evolving technical environments and enterprise systems.
- Software design
- Development standardization
- Componentization / modularization
Overall Architecture Team Goals
- We set the bar for technology in Solera.
- We build easily refactorable solutions.
- We focus on enabling agility for all other teams.
- We automate everything.
- ”No” is not part of our vocabulary.
- We prove our designs with hands-on development.
- We provide standards, frameworks, and components for re-use across Solera.
- We operate like a startup: Fast, hungry, and agile
Requirements Technical Must-Haves
- Expert programmer with experience in both statically and dynamically typed languages
- Previous experience with defining quality standards for developers
- Experience in building software using agile methodology in combination with TDD, BDD, and XP practices
- Expert understanding of modern software development paradigms and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of server, web, and mobile application programming.
- Understands that architecture is a hands-on craft; wants to write code and build IT
- Startup developer mindset
- Has been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of compromising between the two
- Obsessed about streamlining development and operations
- Knack for finding solutions that reduce effort for the rest of the team
- Startup mindset in problem solving; throwing money at it isn’t a solution
- Hates mediocre software / technology
- Standards adoption through leadership
- Documentation, transparency, knowledge transfer focus
- Largely cross-functional; able to jump in other architectural roles where needed
- Able to stay on mission some nights/weekends during team sprints
We operate out of our own digital headquarters, an undisclosed location called the R3PI Innovation Lab in the Dallas area. This facility has been developed to be an innovation playground and incubation center for the connected and digital lifestyle of the future. The team has even created its own cognitive software interface to monitor and control all technology on the property, allowing full digital access no matter where they are.
The Innovation Lab isn’t the only part of the property that is fully connected and controlled – the property also contains a private digital gym, which is used by the team on a regular basis. We believe that working and exercising the body is not only healthy, but also helps stimulate and enhance the working of the brain.
Also on the property is the Connect 4-tiered pool and cabana, guest house, main house, and the TAC-1, our digital and connected space for uncommon meetings and showcasing the Innovation Team’s output.
On top of the unique work environment, we also consider these as our strong points:
- Low bureaucracy – focus on code, not meetings and papework
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchial team
- No MBA / startup egos
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Work with hardware you picked
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.