What we’re looking for
As a Social Media Manager at TP-Link, you will have a background and experience in contributing to innovative brand communications along with an interest in consumer electronics, smart home/ IoT , gaming, and Wi-Fi technology. This role reports to the director of corporate communications and will help define and execute global strategies to energize and develop the TP-Link brand online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user-generated content, and optimize social spend.
Our social media manager will be tapped into emerging platforms, aware of other successful campaigns, and have a vision for creating a global community around TP-Link and its users. The candidate will be as comfortable firing off a humorous tweet as they are developing a content strategy and producing a campaign for the TP-Link brand whether focused on consumer or B2B channels.
What your future looks like
• Contribute to the design and execution of a global social media program
• Manage existing agency partners and other vendors, adjusting those relationships as needed in order to ensure high-quality standards and effective investment
• Create monthly analytic reports on audience insights, best-performing tactics, and key conversational threads with the aim to improve strategy or engineer cultural moments
• Build relationships with representatives of key social platforms to procure first-to-market social strategies
• Interface with the Programmatic media
• Study performance data to help diagnose opportunities for continuous improvement
• Serve as an internal champion and expert in social policy as it relates to employees, user-generated content, privacy, contests, and campaigns, etc.
• Maintain knowledge of various best practices, tools, and metrics to stay ahead of industry trends
• Requires meetings, travel, and availability outside normal business hours
• Develop and manage content calendar and distribute social media content for TP-Link while monitoring outreach to external websites, blogs, and forums
• Serve as day-to-day community manager and act as public-facing representative of TP-Link and communicate on behalf of the company across multiple channels while monitoring social media activity in real time and over intervals; weekly and monthly
• Determine and manage budgets for agency retainers and other campaign tactics such as influencer outreach and social content creator programs
• Develop strategies and tactics to produce compelling brand narratives, while leveraging the power of the brand to promote and support company initiatives
• Identify and establish partnership with content creators and social influencers in key markets
• Collaborate with internal TP-Link teams, such as customer support, channel marketing, public relations, marketing, design, production, and digital for large social initiatives
• Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
• Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management
• Represent the voice of our customers in internal conversations
• Conceptualize, cover and moderate live social media experiences such as Twitter chats, Instagram, and other real-time engagement opportunities
• Evaluate and optimizes performance of digital marketing efforts on a consistent basis
• Ensure all social media requirements are delivered around all promotional launches in coordination with cross-functional teams
• Attendance at various events required to cultivate content
• Continually scan the horizon for new tools and technologies, which may add capabilities to our social media marketing efforts
What you’ll bring to the table
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of experience with social media marketing and web analytics
• 2+ years managing social media vendors/agencies including content, reporting, and planning
• Experience analyzing social performance metrics ( e.g reach, engagement, targeting)
• Knowledge of consumer behavior and how to apply in the realm of digital marketing
• Proven experience establishing vision, priorities, goals; developing strategic and tactical plans; and leading cross-divisional teams in accomplishing key strategic initiatives
• Fluency in developing listening and performance dashboards from tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Meltwater, Sprout and Facebook insights
• Proficient with MS Office
What we ’ re all about
TP-Link USA is always on the lookout for talented, energetic individuals, who are enthusiastic about what they do. We are a global company that values diversit y and thrives on entrepreneurial values. Since the inauguration of the North America office, the company has established remarkable growth and has been keen on sharing back with its employees. TP-Link USA offers a modern working environment, free gym membership, quarterly team building flex-spending, fully paid medical, dental, vision insurance for employees, bi-annual raise opportunity, paid vacations, paid sick leave, paid holidays, 401k plan and annual bonus. Come be a part of our team!
Founded in 1996, TP-Link has become one of the world's leading providers of SOHO & SMB networking products, offering both innovative and award winning solutions to the market. Ranked No. 1 provider of WLAN products, TP-Link supply to over 120 countries, serving tens of millions of consumers worldwide.
Through technological advancements and the power of imagination, TP-Link is continuing to grow, endlessly striving to achieve their goal of becoming one of the top 3 networking providers in the world. While continuing to develop their global market share, TP-Link will never cease to promote opportunities to further advance through the world of networking and innovation.
For more details , visit us at www.tp-link.us/careers
We are committed to diversity. TP-Link is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.