Sensor Innovation (IoT) – Research Analyst (Market Research)
Sensor technology is rapidly evolving as developers look to embed information in more and more products. Novel form factors, sensitivity, specificity, and robustness are key traits that can differentiate tomorrow’s sensor technology from today’s incumbents. From materials to devices, the push to create an Internet of Things, and bring intelligence to systems is driving innovation in sensors. The Lux Research Sensors service works with our clients to track sensor innovation and help them build strategy around it.
Lux Research is seeking candidates for a Research Analyst focused on sensor technologies. This is a great opportunity for an engineer/scientist looking to get out of a lab or development role and focus on bigger picture technology innovation and commercialization on a global scale.
The strongest candidates will be those who are looking to use their expertise to assess the commercial viability and roadmap for emerging technologies. This position does not involve lab-work or technology development; rather it involves building on technical expertise through additional primary and secondary research to identify the best business opportunities and biggest risks for clients.
Analysts are the bedrock of the Lux Research team, conducting the primary and secondary research that powers the firms' research reports and consulting engagements. Analysts spend most of their time conducting primary research interviews with executives, researchers, and thought leaders; chasing down data points; analyzing quantitative data; devising creative ways to present data and ideas visually; and helping manage the operations of a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team and develop more inexperienced or junior level team members.
Analysts in this role will evaluate a wide range of technologies and applications including
- Environmental sensors
- Vision sensors
- Physical sensors
- Chemical sensors
- Temperature sensors
- Electromagnetic sensors
- Biological sensors
- Materials for sensors
- Flexible sensors
And address questions like:
- What novel materials can improve the performance of sensors?
- What applications demand more advanced sensors?
- How can sensors be integrated into flexible or wearable objects?
- What sensor technologies are relevant across multiple applications?
- What are emerging companies doing to create better and cheaper sensors?
- Work with a team of expert research team members to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Coach; mentor and manage research team members; assist with team members professional development.
- Conduct primary interviews for written research reports, including developing and executing sets of interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Manage client deliverables and interactions.
- Help develop and launch new client service offerings.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Minimum two years work or postgraduate experience with technical experience in one or more of the following: sensors; embedded systems; Internet of Things; semiconductors
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree in materials science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar is required . Advanced degrees in these disciplines are preferred.
- English fluency (oral and written) is required.
- Experience managing/professional mentoring others.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Foreign language fluency is desirable.
- Excellent office software skills and ability to touch type
We are seeking candidates immediately available for full-time work. We are not considering future graduates for this role.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.