Zones, Inc. provides premier IT solutions from the data center to the desktop. Through close collaboration with our customers, Zones provides a full range of IT hardware, software, and services to businesses. With more than 30 years of experience, global supply chain capabilities, and a partner ecosystem of more than 2,000 hardware and software companies, Zones helps customers around the world tackle their most pressing IT challenges. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, are passionate about technology, and want to work at an organization that is growing and investing in its people, Zones is the right place for you! Whether your career is in sales, technology solutions, engineering, operations, or logistics, you will make an impact at Zones and for our customers each day.
The Sr. Solution Engineer works in partnership with Zones’ IoT Sales Practice Solutions Specialists to help drive the expansion of Video Surveillance and Access Control solutions within a region and/or market. The primary objective of the Practice Solution Specialist is to increase the growth of revenue and margin for hardware, software, and services around Internet of Things Solutions with a focus on Physical Security Solutions (video surveillance and access control). The Sr. Solutions engineer may assist in bringing deeper technology insight to the presales process but is primarily a post-sales resource who implements effective Physical Security solutions and will be responsible for planning, designing, as well as supporting deployment efforts for our clients.
The successful Engineer will be a customer facing subject matter expert. They will be required to attend meetings with clients and provide design direction and recommendations based on industry standards and experience. They will need to interface with sub-contractors for field service. Site visits for design and quality control will be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide engineering services to customers around solutions identified above
- Design and deployment management of access control, video surveillance, and associated technologies e.g. intercoms, RFID tracking, and biometric technologies
- Troubleshooting and/or break fix support of IoT/Physical Security Technologies
- Development and expansion of industry and company best practices in deployment
- Time management during multiple on-going projects
- Exceed customer’s expectations of the quality and thoroughness for each designed or implemented solution
- Work closely with manufacturers to grow relationships and maintain certifications
- Through pre and post technical efforts maintain an 60% billable work queue
- During non-billable periods assist sales with pre-sales technical efforts and customer growth
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent years of experience is acceptable
- 5+ years designing and deploying Video Surveillance Enterprise solutions
- 3+ years designing and deploying Milestone VMS Solutions
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good project management skills and use of MS Project
Technology Focus & Requirements
- 5+ years required of commercial deployment experience
- Basic knowledge of networking required
- Knowledge of major industry leaders and new products in video surveillance and access control is required
- Linux, Cisco CLI, CAD experience preferred
- Cisco access control and video surveillance systems knowledge is a plus
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge and certification in traditional IT technologies Desired
- Server/Storage Technologies and Virtualization
Expert level knowledge and certification in the following core IoT technology:
- Milestone Video Surveillance Management Solutions
- Certifications in Additional Partner VMS Solutions Desirable
- Certifications in Software House Access Control Solutions Desirable
At Zones we’re more than just a company, we’re a collection of people like you! We’re driven, hard-working and love to celebrate our wins as a team. We’re growing fast which means unlimited opportunities to do great work, get recognized, and take your career to the next level!
As a member of the Zones team, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, life insurance, supplemental benefits, paid time off, product discounts, and much more.
At Zones, we don’t just acknowledge diversity, we make it the foundation of how we conduct business and how we support our employees and communities. Zones is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council). We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Come join our team!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.