Want to join a world-class global operations organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses. Dell has been held as the “Golden Example” of Supply Chain Management, as a member of the supply chain team you will have an opportunity to support Dell’s transformation strategy, develop your career, and partner with a diverse team of talented experts.
This is a newly-formed engineering position on a highly energized and experienced team within Dell’s End User Client Solutions group. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering “edge of network” IoT gateways, embedded MB solutions as well as our Industrial PC product portfolio. This role will collaborate with colleagues throughout Dell to deliver product to position Dell as a leader in this space. Visit
for more information on our emerging Gateway strategy as part of our comprehensive end-to-end IoT solution offers.
The ideal team member will have the acumen to handle both complex and ambiguous situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously – mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. The right individual will be self-motivated, a strong collaborator, able to think creatively and to work with others to find solutions, drive execution, and focus on results.
Owns managing product SW coordination & integration activities for the IoT product portfolio from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Ensures program and product development meets business objectives and customer needs including Cost, Features, Schedule, Quality, Fulfillment and Solution. Leads or works closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Operations, Quality, Finance, Services and ODM Engineering which encompass functions such as, Software, BIOS, Drivers/OS and Test/Validation, .
- Establishes clear objectives and deliverables for each program that support the LOB’s business.
- Review and evaluate Marketing requirements, Technical / Product requirements, Business requirements, and drive alignment and approval across functions and organization.
- Acts as primary point of contact for SW, leads the cross functional team and ODM Engineering to build a comprehensive program plan to deliver product/solution and meet business requirements
- Manages risks and issues through effective contingency planning, mitigation and escalation (when appropriate).
- Manages and communicates program changes post Plan Exit to ensure cross functional/organization alignment.
- Identify and review lessons learned, ensures cross-functional teams communicate and implement post mortem findings proactively as preventive measure.
- Consolidates all SW Program and Engineering related documentation in compliance to Dell Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP).
- Masters or Undergraduate degree, with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Intellectual capacity with excellent SW technology/engineering skills including design, test and quality.
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills driving cross functional alignment
- Strong Cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style
- Ability to frame situations and make/drive decisions
- Ability to resolve Complex problems, drive for results, innovate, think and lead strategically
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Engineering – Product Development Manager (IC)
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.