Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- You will ensure technical excellence in design, build, test, deployment and production monitoring of new services and systems.
- You will evaluate off-the-shelf products (OAuth, Gateway, IdP) to lead architectural decisions to support the evolution of the Sonos software platform and APIs.
- You will contribute to the vision, strategy, and roadmap for current system migrations into a micro service architecture.
Skills You’ll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience designing and building scalable web applications with a focus on high concurrency and low latency
- 5+ years experience creating and deploying highly available services with a global user base.
- 5+ years experience working with a distributed systems in a microservices model.
- Expertise in Java.
- Proven ability to get projects out the door with high quality, on tight timelines.
- Experience with identity and trust management (authentication, authorization), such as OAuth
- Experience working with a commercial cloud services platform. AWS preferred.
- Experience with the IoT – combining hardware, embedded firmware, and cloud services
- Experience with system, API, and web application security, including PKI, SSL.
- Knowledge of core security around PII data when it comes to disseminating and storing user information.
How to Audition
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
More About Our Band
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.