Job Title Senior Software Engineer (C# / .Net)
Philips is a global health technology company where many of the best and brightest developers can openly collaborate to build a more connected and healthier society. As a Senior C# Engineer successful candidates will have opportunity to influence Design/Architect and develop some of the innovative solutions using C# in .NET environment.
Working for a worldwide leader in health technology brings much personal fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As a Senior C#/ .NET Engineer who will be key player in implementing disruptive, innovative cloud-based IoT services in the heart of healthcare revolution. The candidate should be a team player who likes to collaborate with (and mentor) others on the team with prior experience as Lead Engineer.
Key areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
· Developing some of the most critical components independently and assisting other Engineers as needed.
· Working with Architects and Dev lead help write user stories and designs. Helping with estimations. Leading scrum teams as needed.
· You have experience working with a wide range of platforms, with a deep understanding of web architectures and Service Oriented Architectures including SOAP and ReST.
· Evaluate new technologies and implement POCs.
· At Philips you will work with many technologies, such as Windows, SQL Server, Redis, Tomcat, AWS, Azure, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, Elastic Search.
In the Connected Sensing group, we are doing the coolest things in the wearables to solve some of the difficult healthcare Issues. Setup like Startup and working along the other innovators in downtown Boston, we are leading the innovation in Healthcare.
Boston, MA with ability to also work in the Andover, MA office.
We are looking for:
Developers that offer more than just code. Our skilled teams work by an innate code of caring about and making life better for others through their innovation and collaboration. The solutions you will develop are bigger than the next big tech gadget. Your work exponentially elevates the level of care for everyone, from healthcare patients to kids learning how to brush their teeth. A career with Philips will allow you to use your skills to help transform the future of healthcare while positively impacting lives around the world.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
· At the least 3+ years of experience developing software in .NET using C#, MVC, ASP.NET
· Strong Object Oriented Knowledge and Design Patterns
· Experience working in Agile & Waterfall development environments
· Experience writing design specs from Ambiguous requirements
· Find and fix problems. Be the engineer that can find a needle in the haystack.
· Write automated tests and help writing them for others.
· Well versed with Web and Desktop Application Development.
· Demonstrated knowledge of developing solutions for in house and cloud deployments
Good to have:
· Knowledge of MQTT, COAP
· Somebody who plays with technology before it becomes mainstream
· Experience implementing and working in Continuous Integration And Continuous Deployment
This role comes with competitive compensation, benefits and a generous holiday/vacation offering, but that’s not all. At Philips we offer you:
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. This includes collaborating with skilled developers on solutions used by doctors and patients all over the world
A Collaborative Culture. Some of our teams are moving to the Agile methodology of software development where developers are expected to voice opinions, research and propose different technologies to solve complex problems. You will work in close-knit teams dependent upon each other for success.
Work and live healthy, don’t live to work. There is no limit to paid time off due to illness, issues with immediate family, doctor’s appointments, or personal matters that cannot be handled while you’re work. Also, our Workplace Innovation program allows non-traditional start and end times, as well as the ability to work from home or another Philips office with agreement from your manager.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.