DataXu’s vision is to make marketing better using data science. The world’s top brands and agencies partner with DataXu to better understand and engage their customers across all available media formats, devices, channels, and buying modes. Our advertising solution, ranked #1 in the industry by Forrester Research in 2015, provides marketers with unparalleled Media Activation, Marketing Analytics and Data Management capabilities.
https://www.dataxu.com/programmatic-marketing/ ( https://www.dataxu.com/programmatic-marketing/ )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lBeQxdSEAs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lBeQxdSEAs )
Data Xu seeks a highly motivated Java developer to participate in the engineering of Data Xu ’s automated media decision platform for advertisers utilizing Hadoop with Map Reduce. If you have a passion for working with large data (100s of Terabytes), this is the job for you!!!
On the job:
- Work with a highly skilled engineering team in all phases of the Agile development process from design to deployment
- Work with quality assurance, release engineering and product management to deliver quality software
- Test, enhance and debug software to produce the required product
- Write code contributing to Data Xu ’s Product
- Test your code using test driven development methodologies
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews
- Receive mentorship & coaching from your assigned mentor and others on the engineering team
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Proven understanding of how to build complex, distributed, multi-threaded fault tolerant, self-healing systems.
- Deep understanding of open source trends and new technologies. Knows when to apply the technology to solve a business or technical problem.
- Able to debug and tune a complex running system while it’s running.
- Able to understand a large complex legacy system and able to make adjustments without breaking existing functionality.
- Student majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Strong knowledge of Spring, hibernate, RDBMS (specially postgres), git
- Passion for technology and developing great software
- Strong team collaboration skills and show leadership potential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with focus on quality
Day-to-Day at the 'Xu
Life at DataXu is truly unique. From Day 1, through an industry leading employee integration program, we work hard to ensure that our new XuKeepers (DataXu – get it?) understand our values and what behaviors contribute to a successful career here at DataXu.
Here’s what we are all about:
We’re totally obsessed with our customers, our product, our people and innovation—all of which tie right in with our corporate values. We Collaborate across all teams and global offices. Our customers Trust us because we put transparency and their needs first. Innovation is part of everything that we do. Excellence is our standard mode of operation. And of course, Customer Obsession. We wouldn’t be here without our customers! So, interested in working here yet? Visit DataXu.com ( http://www.dataxu.com ) to learn more!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.