Cisco Systems, Inc.
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Engineer – Software Level of Experience: Experienced – Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022227 Description:
What You'll Do
- Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- create reusable components and services in the machine learning space, so we can quickly and efficiently implement new algorithms, compute pipelines, and persistence stores
- You’ll scale out the platform to process thousands of events per minute, and be the expert in our team for running our internal systems for stream processing systems and other batch compute engines like Spark and Elastic MapReduce
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprises react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Cisco’s data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Cisco’s data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analysts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise. Are you pushing the envelope? Here, you'll be designing, implementing, and empowering the world’s best data platform. You’ll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry
Who You Are
- Expertise in building high performance, highly scalable solutions on the cloud
- Expertise in Java, Python
- Expertise with Dataflow, Flink, Spark, Storm, Kafka
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience initiating cross-function collaboration with Ops, Product and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration).
- Experience building high performance distributed system solving large scale engineering challenges
- Deep understand messaging/queuing systems
- Experience in container technologies and writing containerized software (docker, lxc, kubernetes, mesos)
- Experience with AWS and OpenStack technologies
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working on a senior high impact software development team
- MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ yrs related experience.
- Programming experience in C/C++/Java/Python
- Linux system development exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
- Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Job Type: Experienced Opportunity Category: Big Data
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.