Join a global team that delivers security thought leadership, content, and protection through a suite of sophisticated software solutions in an open, idea-friendly, and growth-oriented work environment.
Symantec's Security Technology and Response (STAR) team is the technology hub of the company. Leading security experts join forces with highly skilled engineers to leverage cutting-edge technologies and development methodologies and deliver maximum impact to our large and growing customer base. STAR’s experts are focused on the constantly evolving Internet security threat landscape and generate much of Symantec’s security innovation. STAR considers not only today’s threats, but the threats of tomorrow and uses this intelligence to develop entirely new approaches to security. These technologies are being developed for every possible platform including the network infrastructure, servers, desktops, and mobile devices. The group is high-talent and high-energy, pushing new technologies that must achieve the best detection, best performance, and best user experience in the marketplace.
In Security Technology and Response, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a global team that provides the underlying security technology, content, and support for all Symantec corporate and consumer security products. As an engineer in Symantec’s Security Technology and Response (STAR) organization, learn how to apply sound engineering and cross-platform design concepts to commercial software development, turning research into reality and achieving true customer impact.
• Apply Big Data/Data Mining/Machine Learning techniques to a multi-hundred TB datastore
• Solve end-to-end problems independently by writing requirements, designing, and implementing software
• Research and implement new technologies to enhance the efficacy of Symantec's Security Products
• Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of high quality code for complex production components in given production. Unit test development, refactor and improve components performance and stability on world class level.
• Look at projects holistically and understands the impact of changes end to end.
• Love working in a creative dynamic environment, with other developers and partners in an agile environment.
• Strong proficiency in 3 or more of: C++, Java, SQL, Perl/Python
• Experience with Hadoop/HiveQL/MapReduce
• Experience with Storm, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Kafka, etc a plus
• Proficiency with build, test, and deployment automation systems
• Knowledge of security or cloud/serving technology a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent experience (4+ years)
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.