The Senior Software Engineer is part of Viewics’ SaaS architecture team, which is responsible for designing and developing core product architectural and functional components for Viewics Pulse enterprise SaaS data visualization and analytics platform. The Senior Software Engineer will work with a small team of engineers on rapid prototyping and proof of concepts for new products and features. The Senior Software Engineer will work with the software architect and help to decide the best technology stack, configurations, designs, and architecture blueprint for Viewics products to have high security, scalability, availability, reliability, and low total cost of ownership and maintenance.
- Technical design and development of large core product architectural and functional components
- Own and run technology stack evaluation and proof of concepts for UI, mobile, Java platform, storage, system integration, reporting, analytics, Big Data, IoT, etc.
- Collaborate with software architect on application deployment architecture and sizing for best product stability, performance, security, reliability, and supportability on cloud
- Own software code vault, lead product technical design and code reviews for core platform components
- Collaborate with QA on functional, performance, and security testing
- Lead and resolve critical customer escalations on architectural and technical issues
- Train and mentor engineers
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 8 – 10 years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on Java, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products)
- Experience with designing multi-tenant enterprise SaaS application using MVC, SOA, REST architecture
- Master-level experience and in-depth knowledge of Java platform with any one or more of: JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere application servers
- Experience and knowledge of developing enterprise applications with i18n, l10n, and accessibility support
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and fixing performance, scalability, and reliability issues (memory issues, multi-threading, CPU spikes, virtualization, etc.) in Linux/Unix or Windows environment
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing database performance issues, and SQL tuning
- Experience and knowledge of secure coding best practices (such as OWASP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing Silicon Valley startup environment
- Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, Java, J2EE, Rabbit MQ, ElasticSearch, REST, Tomcat technologies
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies any one or more of: HP Vertica, Hadoop, SPARK, Amazon EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and/or DynamoDB considered a plus
- Knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, and data modeling with any one of Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or MS SQL Server considered a plus
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools such Tableau, Jasper reports, SAP Business Objects, or Microstrategy considered a big plus
- Experience in the healthcare business/industry considered a big plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree desired but not mandatory.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in a fast-fast growing, early stage startup
- Onsite cafeteria, catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Ten paid company holidays
- Unlimited vacation – work hard and take time when you need it
- Great health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Central Peninsula location with easy 101 access
- Fun and entertainment: Wine/Beer o’clock Fridays, monthly BBQ on roof top, team outings like Bocce Ball, Pool, Wine tasting
Viewics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.