Are you excited about Agile and working in a DevOps model? Are you the type of person who can engineer a solution and then be accountable enough to run it and make it better? Can you be a technical leader and architect within an engineering team which is driving adoption of cutting edge technology changes in web hosting, Azure, and online SharePoint? Are you interested in driving real-world analytics and insights from customer feedback, telemetry and business data to help in driving key business decisions? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
As a part of the Windows Device Group (WDG) the Universal Store (UST) team enables one of Microsoft’s most business critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. Indeed, UST powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Bing Ads, Windows Phone, a Windows App Store, to name just a few. Whatever the business Microsoft is in, monetization will be a critical part. With a global presence in over 240 markets, close to 150 million transactions a day, and approximately a half billion dollars of revenue processed per month, UST services need to be true internet scale and have state of the art availability, reliability and responsiveness. UST is in continuous agile evolution, through a services-oriented engineering model, in which the overall solution consists of well integrated but loosely coupled and independent services
As a part of Universal Store, the Product Release and Security Services (PRSS) team is responsible for the services that provide signing, scanning for malware and certificate management for builds all across Microsoft. The impact that our engineers have is realized in virtually every product release at Microsoft. There is a great opportunity to collaborate across multiple product groups and let your talent and designs shape the quality and trust associated with Microsoft products
As a successful Senior Service Engineer/Technical Data Analyst, you will have an experience analyzing data from a wide range of datasets and across a breadth of technology platforms. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and have strong problem solving, analytical skills, technical aptitude and a collaborative work style. We are looking for someone who sees challenges as opportunities, who can look at complex problems and are able to provide actionable insights and informed decisions.
– Collaborate with various teams across the org to derive insights from user/customer feedback, telemetry, and other related business data.
– Work with engineering/PM counterparts to define the questions they want to be answered thru data analysis
– Manipulate large volumes of data, create new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage
– Troubleshoot issues, and liaise with internal teams to ensure delivery of timely, accurate, and reliable data
– Develop insightful reports/visualization & KPIs from complex problems and the associated data to give answers in a concise form to assist LT team in making key business decisions/strategy
– Develop and create reproducible analysis and experiments
– Optimize the insight extraction process in the context of both descriptive and predictive analytics
– Passion for driving globally executed Integration projects by working with offshore teams
– Mentor engineers and development leads across multiple projects
– Proficient at developing and managing effective working relationships within an organization and across multiple business and Engineering stakeholders
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related course
– 5+ years of experience in Service Engineering/Engineering roles;
– 3+ years of relevant data analysis and/or ML skills
– Proficient coding/testing in a high level language.
– Strong passion for delivering highly compelling experiences in our products
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
– Knowledge of tools like R, MATLAB, Python, AzureML.
– Experience in Big Data platforms (Cosmos, Hadoop, Azure HD insights, Azimov)
– Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills
– Awareness of emerging design patterns and technologies
– Ability to explore new directions, identify new opportunities and technical developments that can impact positively the product and the team
– Master’s Degree desirable
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.