Reports to: The Vice President of Institutional Research
Reports in Office: Institutional Research Office
The senior research data analyst is responsible for supporting a wide range of efforts required of the office of institutional research (IR). This includes but not limited to performing research analysis, statistical analysis (qualitative and quantitative), managing and maintaining institutional data for the purposes of both internal and external reporting. The senior research analyst will work in tandem with the Vice President of Institutional Research to manage office operations and research-related projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate and communicate with internal and external entities in support of the department’s and University’s mission and goals via email, Web page, and other means.
• Provide analytic reports that support the University’s AQIP/strategic planning goals and activities
• Assist with evaluating, tracking and reporting student retention and persistence using internal and external reports
• Use PeopleSoft Query Manager and other data sources to perform and enhance internal and external reporting and analytical tasks.
• Enhance internal and external reporting and analytical capabilities through improving data transformation and management as needed for the purposes of organizing and tracking institutional data
• Help to manage and create new data sources from existing sources for reporting, analytical, and data science purposes using industry-standard tools, such as MySQL, SQL Server, Pentaho, R, and Excel.
• Interpret data results and trends using a variety of techniques, ranging from data aggregation, descriptive analysis to complex data mining
• Design and/or work with existing data sets and data models for statistical (qualitative and quantitative) analysis and reporting
• Respond to ad hoc requests for information, identify data sources, determine appropriate levels of detail, prepare brief reports, and provide necessary documentation
• Use existing and new queries to provide data and analysis for the purposes of both state and federal reporting
• Perform ad-hoc data queries from a number of data sources, including PeopleSoft. Assist in automating ad-hoc queries and training others in performing of ad-hoc data queries.
• Develop new queries while also using the current queries to access information from PeopleSoft to examine trend data, develop data sets and complete reports or surveys
• Evaluate technologies and work with vendors in the development of the technical environment needed to support IR's mission
• Work together with instructional technology (IT) and other “power users” at the University to develop strategies and models to better extract data from PeopleSoft for the purposes of institutional research, historical data sets and documentation
• Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations while also staying abreast of current information management processes and database technologies
• Perform other functions as a necessary or as assigned
A Master’s degree in (statistics/computer science) with 5 to 7 years of experience or experience in a related field with emphasis on data analysis, statistics, programming, management systems or other research oriented disciplines
• Knowledge of and ability to use SQL Server, Pentaho, R,and SQR programming including the ability to learn new software applications
• Knowledge of complex integrated information management systems such as PeopleSoft, Banner, Oracle or Datatel
• Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated data-driven approach to problem solving
• Experience in researching, evaluating, and manipulating large quantities of data and statistical methodologies.
• Capability to write complex queries and programs to meet a wide range of report needs
• Proficient knowledge of Excel at the advanced level
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Knowledge of data processing and reporting principles and practices.
• Effective verbal and written communication with external and internal constituents
• Experience working with tableau, PowerPoint related analytical or visual reporting software
• An ability to prepare professional quality statistical reports and ability to work with diverse groups of people in an academic setting
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.