, offers comprehensive office space outfitting and relocation capabilities including design and transition planning, move coordination, furniture and fixture acquisition, and technology services. Talu is a participant in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program and is wholly owned by an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). Due to Talu’s status as a SBA certified 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), Federal customers can sole-source contracts of any dollar value to Talu – streamlining the acquisition process to facilitate complex, time-sensitive moves and renovations. As one of several small companies operating in different federal markets, Talu receives support from its parent company, Akima, LLC, for common administrative services. This structure allows Talu to operate as a small business especially in terms of autonomy, customer interaction, and decision making, while receiving support from an organization with more than 40 years of experience. Talu can leverage Akima’s people, tools, financial stability, and processes to ensure every project exceeds expectations.
TALU is hiring a Senior Project Manager who will manage FF&E IOT Projects and the “after sale” of furniture projects in a rapidly growing business.
In this role, you will oversee contracts from beginning to end and is the responsible POC to both external and internal stakeholders. As the main point of contact for all technical and administrative issues related to the IDIQ task orders must also track schedules and budgets for accuracy. Acts as an advisor to the customer’s project team and directs the overall strategic direction of the projects and maintains alignment with the customer’s goals and objectives AND the corporations goals and objectives. Provides technical advice, organizes, plans, directs and manages all the Talu staff assigned to task orders. Provides conformity to contractual obligations, establishes and maintains technical and financial reports, provides status and updates on projects; attends planning and team meetings and responds to inquiries as needed. Develops information channels to communicate with client team, managers and employees and implements data collection and analysis methods through interviews and other methods.
Must be extremely detailed orientated, able to lead and take direction, learn quickly and work independently and as part of a team. This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations and will require time in the corporate office as well as travel to local customer sites.
- Provide professional customer interface; attend client meetings to insure client expectations are met
- Coordinate and/or attend internal and external kick off meetings
- Work with PM’s, Operations Support team to understand and relay contractual project details to insure projects are properly setup and tracked within the financial accounting system (Costpoint)
- Manage day-to-day administrative performance of assigned projects in accordance with contract requirements. This includes reconciliation of manual and system generated reports to track budgets, schedules, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and project revenues and modifications.
- Track all expenditures against budget and verify quotes, purchase orders, and invoices for accuracy. Must alert management to any variances to original bid/budget or estimate.
- Request and approve purchase orders for subcontractors. Manage purchase order distribution and account for all monthly invoice requirements
- Manage CAD design work for customers
- Develop, monitor and update the work plan, schedule, and logistics required to perform within the project parameters and scope.
- Provide Senior Management with weekly status report, attend internal meetings as needed
- Communicate schedule with customers/end users as well as internal stakeholders
- Assist in sourcing products for quotation as needed
- Obtains customer approvals and all customer sign-off
- Proactively identify potential risk or issues and escalate to management in a timely manner
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, remain flexible, and be willing to grow with our business
- Must meet all deadlines
- Other duties as assigned to support company’s growth and mission. The ideal candidate will be able to support operational challenges and changing processes and procedures with efficient solutions
- Travel to customer sites is required, locally and nationally.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated experience in furniture industry preferred.
- CAD design work experience preferred.
- Minimum of ten plus (10+) years of relevant project experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple multi-million dollar projects
- Must have had held a leadership role on a project team.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills, is required
- Working ability to collaborate with team members when needed and accomplish tasking’s independently
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, SharePoint preferred) , and Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Demonstrated strong time management, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
General office environment; may occasionally be required to lift up to 20lbs.
**This position is contingent on contract/task award, or funding. **
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Program & Project Management
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.