Norton Security is the consumer business unit of Symantec, the global leader in cyber-security for consumers, small businesses, and large global enterprises. Norton Security provides security software and services to over 70 million consumers and small businesses, and generates $1.8B in annual revenue. Norton has a 25-year history in cyber-security, and the Norton team is passionate about protecting consumers and their information.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Norton Business Unit, you will manage one or more products within the Norton Emerging Products portfolio. This portfolio consists of Norton Family Premier, Norton Identity Safe, Norton Services, Norton Safe Search, etc. These are consumer-facing products in the Norton portfolio that target key adjacencies around Security and Protection. Besides these products the future portfolio will also consist of other new product additions made through innovation efforts.
This role requires ongoing development and delivery of product/service roadmaps and working with a cross-functional team to deliver highly competitive and differentiated offerings in a timely manner. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible end-to-end for product/service strategy and ongoing releases.
- Set the vision for owned products and drive end-to-end execution with cross-functional teams
- Understand own/new product markets really well including identification of potential technologies, best practices, competitors and partners, merger and acquisitions, and strategies
- Create and enhance monetization strategies for own/new product/services concepts
- Provide thought-leadership in identifying and prioritizing product features as well as market adjacencies in responsible areas
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for own product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points – converting them into user stories – prioritizing them in sequence for scrum teams for own product/service
- Take a hands-on approach to product development and operational monitoring and product release activities
- Provide operational direction to the cross-functional team (such as program management, marketing, Engineering, customer support, finance, etc.) on a day-to-day basis, defining the critical priorities for the teams
- Lead the specific product/service releases in collaboration with marketing, sales and engineering counterparts
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals with stakeholders and achieve them
- Communicate issues and seek support in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and drive collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- Contribute actively to innovation. Drive the development of business cases for concepts that warrant investment potential related to own product/service or transformation of existing products/services
- Contribute creatively to broader team and participate in team’s innovation and new/transformational concept development activities and drive greater employee engagement
To be considered for this role, you must have prior consumer product, services or online experience
- BS/BA in computer science, business or related discipline. MBA preferred. Minimum 8 years of overall experience
- At least 4+ years of management experience related to a product management context or equivalent strategy experience at major technology companies
- High tech or technology industry and product experience. Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues
- Good executive presence and leadership skills. Self-starter with a deep passion and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products
- Ownership and “can do” attitude with the passion to own and drive execution. Proven track record of launching great products working with large cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing or crafting external technology partnerships working on end-to-end activities including partner selection, contracting and execution
- Excellent communication skills and ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts. Ability to create compelling creative story-telling
- Well-versed with the product management lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond
- Solid business acumen and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals. Ability to perform a range of business analytics ranging from problem/root cause identification to modeling new business economics
- Experience in consumer software, SaaS, Connected Home, mobile, cloud services, IoT markets and Agile development highly desirable
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.