MaryLeighton604 Leighton Partners
Sr. Engineer- IoT Semantics / Big Data Analytics
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering (Ph.D. in Computer Science preferred)
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Security Clearance: Not required
Relocation: Yes, nationwide
Company business: Mobile and Wireless Technology / Internet of Things (IoT)
Visa status: US Citizen / Green Card / H1B
The person hired for this position will work as a researcher in the M2M / IoT Innovations Lab Group defining, developing and validating concepts for next generation IoT Semantics and Big Data Analytics technology. The ideal candidate has a strong background in context-aware data and the capturing, processing and analysis of large complex data sets. The candidate will closely collaborate with other engineers in the team to develop IoT Semantics and Big Data technology.
- Work closely with networking, computing, and big data engineers to identify architectural requirements for the next generation of IoT systems, services, protocols, and devices and propose innovative solutions
- Contribute to the company’s technology roadmap in IoT areas
- Evaluate and assess candidate solutions; validate solutions via analysis
- Define system requirements and architectures for proposed solutions
- Communicate results to the senior management team and to the rest of the organization (reports, white papers , presentations)
- The candidate can be asked to travel occasionally to other company premises, international standards meetings, conferences, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a research background and hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP / IP protocol stacks and emerging Internet protocols
- Strong background in cloud computing, crowd computing, edge / fog computing , and distributed computing
- Familiar with linked data and semantic technologies (e.g. semantic annotation, semantic reasoning, semantic analytics, semantic mashup)
- Familiar with big data-related technologies especially on data analytics, stream data analysis, data-centric networking, distributed big data storage and mining , etc.
Exceptional experience in one or more of these areas is also required:
- Ph.D. or M.S . in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering (Ph.D. in Computer Science preferred)
- Demonstrable experience in system engineering for wireless systems is a plus but not a requirement
- A willingness to develop a deep understanding of emerging ICT and big data systems is required.
- Proven track record of innovations and publications in leading conferences and journals
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong technical and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IoT applications and use cases, standards, and/or test beds
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.