Senior Embedded Software Designer – Embedded Data Analytics
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is connecting millions of smart devices from buildings, data centers, industrial plants and infrastructure to the Cloud to provide innovative solutions to address sustainability, remote operations and analytics. To do this Schneider Electric is innovating with cutting edge technologies in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. As part of the Schneider IoT & Digital Transformation / Embedded Device intelligence platform, we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Architect/Developer to join our team.
In this role, you will participate in experimentation and proof of concepts around embedded analytics and machine learning. The goal is to identify the HW and SW components that are required to address Schneider use cases in this area and provide input for the next generation of embedded platforms.
- Participate in the different phases of proof of concepts related to embedded analytics and machine learning :
- Exploration: collect data about HW or SW platforms that provide solutions for embedded analytics as well as use cases related to Schneider business.
- Definition: Formalize the architecture and features to be implemented in those proof of concepts
- Documentation and reporting: Create reports and documentation to ease transfer to the platform if the technology is selected
- Participate in other mockups activities related to the platform: Connectivity, interoperability , runtime environments and much more!
- Participate in the support activities for internal clients
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of experience in embedded software development and Architecture
- Experience with C/C++, Java and Python
- Experience in IoT platforms with focus on the embedded side
- Experience with analytics, data bases, algorithmic
- Knowledge of hardware acceleration and parallel processing on GPU and FPGA through OpenCL and/or CUDA or equivalent
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Experience in embedded software architecture on Linux
- Experience in Network and communication in embedded applications
Additional qualities we desire include the following:
- Knowledge in machine learning frameworks : TensorFlow, Caffe …
- Knowledge in machine learning in industrial applications
- Knowledge of Real time operating systems and ARM processors
- Autonomous and self learner
- Ability to work in a multi-site and international environment
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.