Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
The Boston HealthNet (BHN) Senior Data Analyst works with the BHN Staff to facilitate the accessibility, understanding, and active use of clinical and financial data required to improve the quality of care, patient safety, service, and related outcomes throughout the BHN. The Senior Report Analyst is a customer service oriented position that serves the information needs of clinicians, administrators and staff throughout the BHN.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum five years of experience in a position focused on the delivery of and presentation of numerical data to a wide variety of customers including presentations to Boston HealthNet Board members.
- Experience in health care and clinical data management strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency use of desktop productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Highly qualified & versed in the use of ACCESS, SQL, Crystal Reports or similar analytic tools
- Ability to organize, synthesize and analyze large amounts of information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver required products in a timely manner
- Must be well-organized.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to producing analytic product that consistently meets the highest standards of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and meet the information needs of clinical and administrative customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrator and a wide-variety of non-technical staff.
- Ability to explain data analysis to non-technical audiences.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.