is seeking a Senior Data Scientist/ Business Intelligence SME to support our contract with AAG, the Army Analytics Group. This opportunity is a remote role with a preference for an employee to be based in the DC metro region or able to travel easily. This employee will need to be issued a government security clearance so US Citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for the Senior Data Scientist will include:
Leading and delivering business intelligence initiatives such as an organizational business intelligence assessment to validate existing business intelligence and analytical capabilities in the organization and the best utilization of those capabilities to provide clinical and business decision support
Performing the evaluation, selection and implementation of various business intelligence tools, and supporting data management functions that include data architecture, data governance and strategy definition and implementation of tools.
A solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, and processes is also essential.
Must be technically proficient in all aspects of business intelligence, capable of directly supporting the chief medical information officer in all business intelligence related initiatives, and possess the ability to execute the following duty functions:
- Provide subject matter expertise in Data Science for the application of cutting-edge model building
- Develop methodologies to collect data and capture existing operational data stores for additional context, larger data sets and more accurate predictive insights
- Leverage APIs, Sensors (IoT) and other external sources for relevant context that exists outside the customers' typical repositories or warehouses
- Develop data products to help transform data to more actionable data sets. Data products can range from algorithms to visualizations.
- Strengthening the return on investment in analytics by offering training and workshops on analytic technique, how a model works and best use of a data set
- The use of standardized and advanced data collection methods, query tools and reporting analysis tools.
- Performing data management process assessments, data quality control reviews, data analysis of business and clinical data in a healthcare setting, querying and manipulating data to identify trends and data quality anomalies or anomalies in general, and providing actionable information in support of senior leader decision support.
- Provide application analysis and data modeling designs.
- Proficient in various data extraction methods of data from databases and data warehouses for analysis and decision support.
- Lead and support the deployment of BI tools and solution activities across the organization, and providing technical expertise and guidance.
- Developing business intelligence procedures and data management policies for ensuring data accuracy and control.
- 5-7 years experience in the DoD supporting programs in a Data Scientist capacity.
- US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree required
tiag , The Informatics Applications Group, is an innovative management and technology services company with a leading reputation in providing superior transformational business results. We enjoy a strong reputation for staff development and recently rated extremely high for employee satisfaction in an independent third party survey. Our employees enjoy outstanding salaries, group health/dental insurance, life insurance, short/long-term disability, 401k% matching, training reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and 4 weeks of paid time off per year. We continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow, and build a great career.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.