Sentient has built the world’s most powerful distributed artificial intelligence system, which powers innovative products that solve some of the world’s toughest problems.
Combining evolutionary computation, deep learning and other AI techniques, running on one of the world’s largest computing grids, the Sentient platform enables us to understand truly massive data sets in a profound way, enabling cutting-edge products in the financial and e-commerce markets, along with scientific research in health and other domains.
The Sentient R&D team includes world-renowned experts in evolutionary computation, deep learning, artificial life, and distributed computing. The quality of Sentient’s team and technology has attracted some of the world’s most influential investors, making Sentient the best-funded independent artificial intelligence company.
We are seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Visual Intelligence platform team and lead our data science projects. You will be part of a talented group of data scientists working on cutting-edge applications of machine learning and AI to problems in computer vision, finance, and e-commerce.
About the Role:
- Work closely with the Visual Intelligence team to build products that require understanding and analyzing large volumes of customer and product data, and building deep learning models of product data.
- Identify and evangelize best practices and tools for data scientists.
- Learn and evangelize the use of internal machine learning and AI technologies.
- Provide input to the product innovation cycle.
- A Masters degree in Machine Learning, or data science related specialty (PhD. preferred)
- At least two years experience in a data science role
- Mathematical fluency
- Experience with standard data science tools including R, Python, SciKit Learn, NumPy
- Experience with converting insights from data analysis into product feature directions
- Experience with data engineering processes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- A focus on delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, RedShift, and/or Spark is a plus
- Substantial experience solving a variety of data science problems in a commercial setting
And, of course, the perks!
- Take-as-you-need vacation!
- 5 sick days
- 10 company holidays
- Telecom reimbursement (up to $120/month)
- Tons of snacks and beverages
- Catered educational lunches every Tuesday
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Bagels on Monday
- Super-convenient location near BART, Caltrain, Muni, Ferries
- Team Events, Happy Hours, Holiday Parties, more.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.