The Senior Data Scientist will be a member of a software development team and will have specialized experience in Data Science and Analytics. Requires knowledge and development experience of existing and emerging recommendation systems and services with the ability to rapidly code and prototype algorithms and systems in a demanding fast-paced multimedia environment. Experience with similarity computations, algorithms and clustering. Should be familiar with Item and User similarity, large data sets and analysis tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with management, data scientists and software developers on projects related to technology and architecture of digital media systems including identifying and implementing products and services for Web based and Mobile delivery.
- Be a creative thinker and self-starter, able to identify solutions and quickly prototype proof of concept. Will be expected to quickly understand and embrace new technologies.
- High and low-level responsibilities including analytics coding for prototype and production systems.
- Provide hands-on support for production systems and upgrades, which often occur outside normal business hours.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of data analytics / mining / machine learning / analytics coding.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with statistical methods required. Practical familiarity with similarity computations, algorithms and clustering, item and user similarity, large data sets and statistical analysis tools. Practical experience with Spark, Tableau, Mahout/Hadoop systems, Hive, Pig, Kafka, optimization and tuning considered a strong plus.
- Experienced with sequencing algorithms and theory (e.g. Markov chains, Bayes Networks) for media and entertainment applications such as content sequencing. Familiar with statistical analysis languages (e.g. Mathematica, Matlab, R, SparkR). Familiar with machine learning and IOT.
- Experience with Search and Content Recommendation services. Understanding of Search and Recommendation service features including classifications, machine learning, trending, data visualization and structuring recommendations.
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) including supervised and unsupervised learning valuable.
- Familiarity with Social Media API level interactions and with contemporary social media site access and social graph navigation valuable.
- Development experience in B2B application infrastructure including organizing large data sets, New/NoSQL, XML, XSD, XSLT a plus.
- Experienced in Java, Python, Scala, R, JSON/XML essential.
- Must have experience in developing and supporting live 24×7 production and mission critical applications.
- Must have demonstrated track record of rapid prototyping of system components as part of new system architecture.
- Practical experience on architecture and deployment of software components into cloud based infrastructures, e.g. Amazon Web Services. Experience with cloud management services, caching, scale-out and use of cloud APIs useful.
- Previous Broadcast experience considered a plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.