McKinsey & Company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent subject, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in software development
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, STATA, Excel, etc.
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig etc
- Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableu, QlikView or similar reporting and BI packages
- Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
- Experienced with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Knowledge of agile software development process and fami liarity with performance metric tools
- Knowledge of web application development technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Java, UNIX, HTML, CSS, Perl, or PHP a plus
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, influence and innovation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions; t olerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Ability to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Can manage 80% travel
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work in one of our North American offices as part of McKinsey Digital Labs (MDL), part of our broader Digital McKinsey.
MDL is a specialized service that leverages latest technology disruptions (e.g., cloud, big data, mobile, agile, software development) and a team of talented technologists to rapidly build and deploy custom web and mobile Business intelligence applications for our clients. MDL works closely with our consultants and clients to develop a deep understanding of business needs and create tools that enable our clients to be more productive (e.g., equip frontline with mobile sales app) and make timely decisions (e.g., management dashboards). MDL end-products range from building iPad demos and dashboards, to embedding Excel models in existing client applications, to standing-up advanced analytics technology environments or SaaS solutions, and to building targeted web/mobile applications.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, our group works more like a small startup company. Our development teams are small, flexible, and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You’ll Do
You will apply your passion for finding opportunities in data by using established tools and techniques, or by innovating new ones, to get insights from large complex data sets.
You will work on McKinsey client studies alongside highly talented business consultants to help them in various analyses and its implementation. The impact of the work is normally realized in a very short span of study duration, which is very satisfying and rewarding. You’ll also focus on learning new technologies and you’ll contribute to knowledge sharing, usually through blogs or conferences.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.