Womply San Francisco
Womply is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join its growing engineering team in San Francisco. As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will work on one of our core data teams utilizing technologies such as Java, Scala, Spark, and Cassandra. You will be responsible for maintaining and implementing new ways for our team to manage our ever-growing collection of merchant payment data. You will also help the team expand Womply’s data pipelines and architect robust and well-monitored ETL solutions. We ingest and analyze millions of credit card transactions, as well as social and online review data, for merchants and small businesses all across the U.S.. We work in an agile environment, so interfacing with frontend teams, and product managers will be part of your day-to-day routine. You’ll learn Spark, so you can write Spark jobs in Scala to continue building our analytics platform. You’ll also work with Cassandra, MySQL, and PostgreSQL databases to enable front-end features, generate business reports, and troubleshoot data issues. You can expect to interface with our frontend teams, so you can provide them with the necessary data for our flagship product. In time, we will expect that you become a mentor to our other backend developers, as we continue to build new products and grow our engineering teams.
- You have a solid understanding of how databases work, accompanied with proficiency in data modeling and composing efficient SQL/CQL statements
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- 5+ years previous experience working with Java
- 1+ years experience writing jobs in Spark or Hadoop MapReduce
- Prior experience with using web development frameworks to implement API endpoints that return JSON responses
- Prior experience working with big data systems, preferably using Cassandra, Parquet, or EMR
- You have a strong predisposition to writing highly scalable and well tested code
- A desire to be a mentor to junior backend developers as we build out our team
- Previous experience writing programs in Scala
- Prior experience building microservices, preferably using Docker
- Experience interfacing with frontend developers and product managers in an agile environment
- The ability to work quickly in a fast-paced startup atmosphere
Womply is one of the fastest growing merchant-focused companies in America. Our mission is to use technology and data to grow, protect, and simplify small business. Every day we serve tens of thousands of merchants, across 400+ business verticals, in every corner of America. We're hiring in both San Francisco and Portland for engineering, devops, design, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more.
See more jobs and learn more about working at Womply: https://womply.com/
( https://womply.com/jobs )Learn more about our values at https://womply.com/values
( https://womply.com/values )See our benefits at https://womply.com/benefits
( https://womply.com/benefits )Read about how we work at https://womply.com/how-we-work
( https://womply.com/how-we-work )Checkout life at Womply at https://womply.com/life-at-womply
( https://womply.com/life-at-womply )Learn more about the diversity at Womply at http://womply.com/diversity/ ( http://womply.com/diversity/ )
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.