Truven Health Analytics, Inc. & Simpler Consulting
Designs relational databases and develops strategies for data warehouse implementations following industry best practices (e.g., Inmon, Kimball). Evaluates new data sources to assess quality and determine integration approach.
- Conducts data requirements assessment and design sessions with customers.
- Works with analysts to establish clearly defined business requirements.
- Works with data suppliers to establish input and interface specifications.
- Performs data analysis for source system data.
- Creates conceptual, logical and physical models for healthcare data warehouse implementations.
- Designs and manages data models in data modeling product.
- Develops third normal form and dimensional models that adhere to data warehouse best practices.
- Designs time-variant models that support both point-in-time (historical) and current state analysis.
- Generates DDL from model for RDBMS (Oracle, Teradata).
- Provides professional documentation describing data architecture.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience
- 10 years’ experience as a data architect for multi-terabyte data warehouse projects (healthcare preferred).
- 10 years’ experience with ERwin Enterprise Data Modeler Suite OR equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in logical data modeling – relational and dimensional.
- Insurance-related data modeling experience.
- Understanding of industry best practices in data warehousing design and development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style; present information effectively in one-on-one, and small group settings, including executive management.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing to document data requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Understands the importance of maintaining the physical and technical security and privacy of HIPAA Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Ability to lead/mentor less experienced data modeler(s).
PREFERRED Skills and Experience
- Health Insurance-related data modeling experience.
- Oracle DBMS experience.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree AND 10 years experience in a data warehouse data modeling OR equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.