Job Title: Senior Data Architect
Reports To: Corporate Director of Information System
The Senior Data Architect position is a highly technical position with responsibility to lead the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of logical and physical data models required to migrate existing independent data marts into the Data Warehouse,
and for new business requirements to be implemented using the Data Warehouse. A key responsibility is to work with and be a lead to other key roles such as Business Analysts, DBAs, Sr. Database analyst, etc. The Senior Data Architect will be expected to leverage
their knowledge of data modeling best practices along with effectively using data modeling tools. This individual provides leadership to all department analyst staff in Application Development, implementation of Database systems, Database development, Database
Architectures, and Database Design using Microsoft SQL and Oracle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Lead the design of al ETL (?) processes
- Design Data Architectures
- Design and build relational database
- Design and develop Databases, Data Warehouses and multidimensional Databases
- Extensive knowledge in BI (Business Intelligence) and Data analytics
- Project management of new Database and Enterprise Software implementation
- Developing and maintaining project plans and schedule
- Facilitating meetings and providing updates to the high level executives
- Working with multiple department teams to understand systems’ architecture, data models, and data flow among systems
- Developing and maintaining technical and business data dictionaries
- Working with business users to collect and analyze their software and database requirements
- Researching and analyzing prospective solutions to data issues
- Developing and reviewing requirements, design, and testing documentation
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and usage of query languages like SQL or Oracle to assist in data and/or functional analysis efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System/Software engineer
- Minimum 6+ years experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: My SQL, SQL Server and Oracle).
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in a business environment in Data Modeling
- Strong working knowledge of SQL 2012, SQL 2014, and Oracle
- Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Teamwork, Technical Zeal, Project Management, Presenting Technical Information, Training , Operating Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively promoting favorable interaction with key staff, coworkers and others.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with excellent grammar.
- Ability to understand and analyze Clinics' budgetary information.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must possess ability to ensure significant
communication with the Clinics’ community members. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Local business travel is also required.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to job performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her manager and/or supervisor.
- We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran or qualified
disabled veteran, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability (an impairment that limits a major life activity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristic), or any other classification protected by law. In addition, Pacific Clinics
will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Pacific Clinics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.