The Senior Data Analytics Engineer will work with the Customer Performance Analytics team to create state of the art data processing factory, developing and deploying data integration/data discovery algorithms, working across GE Transportation to drive big data analytics products while leveraging cloud MDM, Elastic Search, and Hadoop ecosystem tools and technologies.
You will be supporting all aspects of the Customer Performance Analytics data processing from early customer POC engagements through production operations fulfillment.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, design, and develop new data integration algorithms to enable customer performance analytics products
- Work across cross-functional teams and own the data solutions end-to-end
- Perform new data acquisition impact analysis
- Conduct data quality profiling analysis, recommend data quality rules and processes
- Design and develop data governance processes and procedures
- Design and develop new data acquisition ingestion processes
- Design and develop data standardization and validation algorithms
- Design and develop GIS data processing and visualization algorithms
- Design and develop data cleansing algorithms
- Lead and execute data integration and product fulfillment projects
- Collaborate with business analysts, architects, frontend developers and software developers to implement data solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Work with data operations teams to iteratively create business processes
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, software and product security, scalability, documentation practices, refactoring and automated testing techniques
- Write data processing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess data processing performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- 10+ years’ experience in relational database architecture and design
- 2+ years’ experience with MDM systems (ex. Informatica, Talend)
- 2+ years in Hadoop big data development (Map-Reduce, Spark)
- Work experience leading a small team of data analysts
- Proven experience as senior developer, database modeler, and data expert.
- Experience with ARCGIS
- Proven experience in data integration/data federation projects
- In-depth knowledge of various RDMS, strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of data quality tools to automate data quality processes.
- Strong experience in developing and executing database code reviews and coding standards.
- Experience with automated data processing testing
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with R/SAS is a plus
- Amazon AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with Elastic Search is a plus
- Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Be skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.