To enable medium to highly complex business partners to make fully informed decisions around business, process, client, and crew performance through optimized delivery of relevant information. To act as a data consultant to the business, translating data requests into meaningful information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes data and insights using spend analysis tool (an IT capability used to understand trends in spend by category, supplier, and division, and predict optimal pricing and supplier partnership options). Develops creative, technically sound recommendations and data reports on processes, business, client and crew performance to department management.
- Partners with the Data Services Manager in the strategic and technical direction of Shared Services Data team.
- Consults with internal clients and interprets requests for information to determine appropriate sources of information and data mining techniques to be employed.
- Provides tool and data support to business users and fellow team members.
- Support Category Managers (and teams) in ad-hoc data analysis in support of category strategy development and savings generation (e.g. should cost analysis).
- Develops strong working knowledge of data sources and data mining tools.
- Reviews end product with the requestor to ensure adequate understanding. Provides data analysis guidance as required.
- Documents project deliverables, including but not limited to program descriptions, run instructions, and run frequency, paying attention to team guidelines.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience in Data or Business Analysis
Minimum of four years' experience in data mining, data analysis, data management, and data stewardshipAdvanced experience with data modeling concepts, database design for relational and multi-relational databases (minimum one year)Advanced knowledge of advanced analytical tools (e.g., regression, hypothesis testing tools) and current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Access), including VBAExperience gathering requirements, developing analytic approaches, and applying quantitative methods to harvest insightsStrong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skillsStrong planning and organizational skillsAble to communicate complex concepts and analysis to a variety of audience knowledge levels. Data visualization and storytelling skills.Ability to work independently with attention to detail, while managing multiple tasksVanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.