Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s is seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our Reporting, Analytics and Data (RAD) team. We have a ton of data multivariate from all different sources, both internal and external. Everything from click-stream data to quality-of-service data to advertising intelligence data, etc., all of which measure many different dimensions of our VOD service. We’re constantly searching for interesting insights and patterns across our combined data sources that make our product and service better. We need talented, curious, tenacious, persistent, and industrious minds to help turn data into actionable insights that make a meaningful impact on our business!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use your skills to find and analyze everything from high-level trends to needles in haystacks in mountains of data
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Use statistics and data science tools (ML) to find and track patterns
- Perform experimental hypothesis A/B testing and statistical significance analysis
- Monitor/analyze everything from consumer to operation data and signals, from KPIs to QoS metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data visualizations that convey significant trends and relationships across multiple data sources
- Perform and share complex yet comprehendible analyses with business stakeholders
- Develop algorithms to detect rare events and anomalies
WHAT TO BRING
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
- 5+ years of experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL and other tools such as Python, R, SAS, Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Experience taking vague requirements and transforming them into crisp deliverables
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytic horsepower, relentless pursuit of data-driven insights
- Strong understanding of descriptive and experimental statistics, A/B and multivariate testing techniques
- Experience with data visualization techniques coupled with strong story telling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong understanding of RDBMS systems as well as dimensional warehouse data models
- Understanding of columnar database solutions (OLAP, etc) is valuable.
- Big data experience (Hive, Presto, Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work across technical and business stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation and ability to work independently
- Experience with consumer-facing products, conversion optimization, user click-stream data analysis
- Experience with Marketing Analytics 3rd party offerings (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms toolkits in Python, SAS or R programming, etc.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.