With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs , enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working,
the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM
, and draws on
, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of databases administration solutions. This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant :
Hands on experience with multiple databases – Oracle, Sybase, Informix
Hands on experience with no sql databases like Mongo DB
Proficient with database architectures
Knowledge on Java/JEE enterprise application architecture
Proficient with PL/SQL, stored procedures and views
Proficient with troubleshooting performance problems and solution recommendations for optimizing performance
Fine Tune database configurations
Undertakes activities in support of server based databases in development, test and production environments including; database software installation, database creation, database support, performance and capacity management, backup and recovery management, security management. Undertakes all activities required to ensure optimum performance and data integrity of customers’ databases in production environments, in line with the requirements of Service Level Agreements.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Respond to all tickets assigned to our team;
• Monitor databases checking for any problems;
• Set up database backup and recovery jobs for new databases;
• Install database engine on new database servers; Install database client software on workstations;
• Create and maintain Disaster Recovery Procedures; Participate in Disaster Recovery tests;
• Perform production database recoveries; Perform refresh of development and QA environments;
• Setup new database IDs and perform password resets;
• Consult on database design for new applications; Consult on database design for application changes and/or enhancements; Consult/assist developers with database access and data retrieval;
• Trouble shoot database issues; Apply database patches, updates and install new versions of database;
• We support multiple Customers on a daily basis;
• Attend CAB meetings; Provide On-call support;
• Cloning databases as per Service Requests; Carry out Regular maintenance activities to ensure optimal database performance.
• Qualification: Bachelor’s degree and/or required years of experience
• 8-10 Years of work experience
• Must have experience in Technical Process Expertise
• Should be proficient in Technology Application and Technical Solution Design
• Should have progressing skills in Continuous (Service) Improvement and Transition Management
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.