For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $122 billion in banking assets
- $6.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $906 billion in assets under management
The key responsibilities of the role include working with our various technology and various business partners document our data lineage and coordinate our data governance activities, from a current production stand point as well as for future development efforts; some production support around front office and back office systems as needed; coordinating with our risk and audit departments to help satisfy various regulatory and internal data inquiries, and gaining an understanding of the data, how it is used, and how it can be validated to ensure the highest quality of data is in use around the organization.
- Work with technology and business partners to document data field usage and needs, and enter into the enterprise data management toolset.
- Work with enterprise data management on a host of activities, including data quality reporting, data dictionary terms, and various efforts to make sure we are in lockstep with the larger organization.
- Write validations via SQL and turn those into dashboards and data quality metrics to be used in monthly reporting; create a monthly metrics report for management on the quality of data across our various platforms.
- Liaise with legal, risk, audit to satisfy various requests that come in for regulatory and other purposes.
- Provide production support on a limited basis, as needed, for front office and back office systems supported by the team.
- Create a methodology and implement that methodology for development efforts moving forward, so that the team can be proactive and monitor new data fields and requests prior to a production installation.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 4 plus years of relevant experience in the financial management industry and/or a technology role within the financial management industry
- Knowledge of business functions and workflows usually obtained through related work experience in the following areas: financial operations, portfolio and project management, technology projects. SQL skills strongly preferred.
- An understanding of financial instruments and attributes of each security type, and an understanding of data governance functions.
- An understanding of data, data movement, and data quality.
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented team player willing to work with a global group of professionals across Northern Trust Asset Management as a whole.
Visit our Careers Site and Talent Network at
Like us on
and Follow us on Twitter @NTcareers
USA EEO Statement
It is the policy of The Northern Trust Company to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EEO poster (U.S.) EEO is Law” Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.