Snap Interactive, Inc.
SNAP Interactive is a dynamic, fast-paced technology company creating rich media, multi-platform social experiences such as Paltalk, FirstMet, Camfrog, Tinychat, The Grade, & more! The mission of our products is to become the leading platform in connecting a global audience of users around interest categories and dating by leveraging live video and chat as the core method of communication. We work at the intersection of Social, Big Data, Location and Mobile. Our environment is fun and relaxed, our products are ambitious, and our teams are some of the brightest in NYC.
SNAP Interactive, a publicly traded company, is seeking an analytical savant to take our data and develop strategies that will improve our products, our business and the experience for our 35+ million members. This candidate will cross-functionally support all of our products. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a data-driven, meritocratic tech company with a goal to eliminate loneliness in the world.
- Monitor multiple simultaneous A/B tests to determine effectiveness
- Leverage our ELK and Splunk analytics tool to delve into the behavior of our different members
- Monitor key metrics and report on potential opportunities/problems
- Make recommendations based on data to improve how we make decisions at SNAP
- Work closely with developers, product managers and CEO to develop product solutions
- Model out potential product ideas
Required Skills and Experience :
- 5+ years experience with web-based analytics tools
- Experience working in a start-up consumer-facing tech environment preferred
- Highly analytical expert in market research, competitive intelligence, ROI, modeling and other web analytic support
- Degree in a quantitative discipline, like mathematics, statistics, economics, or CS
- SQL skills required
- Superb Excel skills (you LOVE pivot tables)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and machine learning
- Experience running A/B tests
- Ability to present complicated data and models
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Adept at developing and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally
- Experience with mobile apps or subscription based models is a plus
- Experience with ELK or Splunk a plus
- Experience with predictive models a plus
Competitive Compensation Includes:
- Stock options in a publicly traded company
- Free massages EVERY week – no explanation necessary
- SNAP swag (mugs, water bottles, pens, t-shirts, etc.)
- Free unlimited snacks & beverages
- The Lounge – unwind and relax with puzzles, board games, books, videogames and a ping pong table to enjoy with your fellow SNAPpers
- Discounts to a number of gyms in NYC
- Training Stipend – SNAP will cover any courses, conferences or speaker workshops to keep your skills sharp!
- Dinner Reimbursement – if you work until 8PM or later, SNAP will pay for your dinner up to $30
- Taxi Reimbursement – if you work until 9PM or later, SNAP will reimburse your cab ride up to $30
- Periodic Hackathons
- 100% covered medical insurance at the employee-only level
- 401k Matching Program
- Pre-tax flexible savings account
- Pre-tax commuter program (metrocards, parking, etc.)
- A total of 23 paid vacation/personal/holidays plus 5 paid sick days
- Monthly happy hours
- Birthday gift cards and $100 donation to your choice of charity on behalf of SNAP
- Periodic Lunch & Learns – teach in sessions with free catered lunch
- Cook-offs, cocktail-offs, and other fun office events
Email resume & salary requirements to JOBS [at] SNAP-INTERACTIVE.COM
SNAP Interactive Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.