Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for making sure all our products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about security and will work hand-in-hand with engineers to detect and mitigate any malicious activity on Dropbox.
- Perform data analysis and investigations of account security, product abuse, and other security issues
- Design algorithms and rulesets for malicious activity detection
- Build machine learning models for abuse prevention systems
- Monitor product abuse metrics and alerts, contribute to improving them
- Understand abuse mechanisms throughout the product. Assist other teams with using abuse prevention tools
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- Interest/passion for security work
- Strong data analysis skills, capable of writing complex SQL/Hive queries
- Machine learning skills, capable of training and evaluating machine learning models
- Basic programming skills (understand python code and make minimal changes)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, Latin@s, Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.