The Internet of Things will change the way people work, collaborate and innovate. Steelcase, with $3B in annual sales and the global leader in workplace environments, is uniquely positioned to lead the IoT transformation in our market. We’re creating connected systems for the workplace – intelligent spaces that are defined, designed and developed on a foundation of deep research and insight into people, space and technology.
We’re growing our technology development team in Portland, OR and are looking for smart, passionate and collaborative hardware, software and systems engineers to join us. We provide a flexible work environment, the latest tools, competitive compensation and a fantastic new space at the edge of the Pearl downtown. Even better, we’re offering the opportunity to help influence, innovate and design the way people will work in the future.
Title: Scrum Master
The Scrum Master is accountable for Scrum ceremonies and practices that shepherd Steelcase software features from grooming to market. This key role will facilitate both Portland and distributed project teams through the Scrum process of release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, product demonstrations and retrospectives. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely regarding deadlines, project plans and status is essential. This individual will be part of empowered, self-organizing, and self-accountable teams that are responsible for delivery of successful scope, quality and predictability outcomes each sprint.
As a member of Steelcase’s agile leadership team for integrated technology, the Scrum Master will also drive Steelcase leaders to better Agility compatibility and outcomes.
Ability to :
- Facilitate the work of Scrum and Kanban teams
- Adapt classic and emerging Scrum and Kanban practices to the demands of integrated technology exploratory and production development
- Facilitate cross-team formal and informal Agile ceremonies and backlog coordination activities
- Represent the voice of team – its process, health, and transparency – with cross-functional teams in project team meetings and discussions
- Monitor the state of the product backlog to insure that product owners and technology owners have groomed it to the applicable standards of clarity and specificity
- Mentor, as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for agile process, peers and leaders in order to promote understanding and application
- Involve, include, and engage development partners as Scrum team members when appropriate
- Integrate existing lifecycle planning practices with Agile and Scrum process
- Facilitate identification and mitigation of cross-team and cross-product dependencies
- Effectively advocate for tools and processes that encourage responsible risk taking and questioning limits and constraints
- Create effective team environments that promote a culture of exploration and courage
- Facilitate identifying, assessing, and tackling technical and product opportunities and risks
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 3 years’ cumulative experience in Scrum Master or related Agile leadership roles involving multiple coordinated teams
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years’ experience as a software designer, engineer, or quality specialist
- On the job exposure to software-hardware hybrid technology product development
Basic Tool Skills :
- Experience with at least one agile planning tool
Preferred Tool Skills :
- Research & assessment of tools, trends, and practices
- Configuring of planning tools
- Implementation of planning tools
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants. Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.steelcase.com
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.