The Sales Engineer (SE) will provide technical support to the sales team to help secure orders for Spirent GPS/GNSS Positioning Simulators and other Wireless Solutions. This will include working with customers to determine their requirements, answering detailed technical questions, providing product demonstrations and presentations in-person and via WebEx. In addition, the SE needs to understand competition and effectively communicate Spirent's features and benefits to a customer in a competitive situation. The SE may also be required to gather competitive information and provide input regarding Market trends and long term customer needs.
Preferably the SE will be located in San Jose, CA with the rest of the positioning and navigation team and bulk of our commercial customers. Highly qualified candidates will be considered in other regions of US.
- Understand Spirent's Positioning Product line and apply to customer's use-case.
- Coordinate and stage product demonstrations.
- Support the sales team, including channel partners, as technical subject matter expert on all GNSS products.
- Work closely with all commercial customers, including customers in the following markets chipset, wearables, drones, IOT, consumer devices and automotive.
- Present GNSS solutions to customers, assist in developing sales strategy with sales managers, and manage specific product initiatives as defined with management.
- Provide feedback to Product Management on customer requirements/feature requests.
- Perform initial system installation and user training at customer site.
- Work closely with sales team and product management team to meet customer's technical requirements in pre-sales activities.
- Assist with quote generation and presentation.
- High degree of face to face, written and verbal communication with customers and end-users during the buying and evaluation process.
- BS with a major in Electrical Engineering or related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in GNSS or related technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to assess problems and identify solutions.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to explain and present complex concepts and procedures clearly.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work with sales and cross-functional teams to support customers.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel (up to 50% travel), including to Canada, England and Latin American countries.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.