At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a
RWE Data and Analytics Leader
, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
(Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
Medical Evidence and Observational Research (MEOR) is accountable for the delivery of Global strategic studies required to generate the evidence to build the confidence on AZ therapies and additional observational research and externally sponsored research required by Global Product Teams
The RWE Data and Analytics Leader will play a key role in developing and executing AstraZeneca’s RWE data and analytic strategy to enable evidence generation activities, championing the AZ RWE data and analytic tools across the organization. The RWE Data and Analytics Leader will be accountable for assessing current RWE data sources and analytic tool needs and translating those needs into a pragmatic plan to enable the delivery of real-world evidence across AstraZeneca. Additionally, this role will be accountable for maximizing the value of those RWE investments, inclusive of secondary data and analytic tools, through training and awareness programs, appropriate governance, and collaboration with procurement, Global Medicines Development, R & D Information/IT and other key functions.
The RWE Data and Analytics Leader will utilize their acquired technical expertise in all aspects of real world data to ensure delivery of MEOR studies through both direct study engagement as well as triaging RWE analytic requests to AZ and contract data analysts. This role will lead the development and maintenance of applications used for design, analysis and reporting purposes.
This role requires a hybrid skill set of technical ability, business acumen, strategic leadership and knowledge of evidence generation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the RWE Data and Technology Governance program.
- Manage MEOR funded data licenses and vendor relations in partnership with procurement.
- Champion RWE Tools, through active UAT, ongoing evaluation and improvements, and active training and awareness program.
- Lead programming activities related to the preparation, execution and delivery of observational research conducted internally by MEOR, including resource assessment and triage for RWE programming requests.
- Provide strategic guidance and create best practice for programming or data management within MEOR.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in RWE analytics, data, and technology which may be applied to the design and execution of observational research and/or the management and reporting of data used in observational research.
- Design and conduct relevant process, data and tool trainings; facilitate dynamic sharing of knowledge and establishment of best practice; ensure and develop effective and consistent communication within the user communities, both global and local.
- Leading preparation of business cases, proposal requests and supplier selection for secondary data license and RWE tools.
- Act as a point of contact between MEOR and other teams utilizing RWE data and tools.
- Advanced degree in Health/Medical Informatics, Mathematical, Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science.
- Extensive understanding of real world evidence, inclusive of experience working with secondary data (e.g. administrative claims, electronic medical records) common data models, and analytic tools.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- 5 years SAS, SQL and/or R programming experience to an advanced level within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of programming standards and their application within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the underlying data structure for secondary data resources (e.g. e.g. administrative claims, electronic medical records) used in observational research
- Knowledge of coding dictionaries used by electronic healthcare databases (e.g. ICD9, ICD10, Read code, NDC, CPT4, HCPS)
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics and its use in observational studies
- Experience with relevant operating systems (e.g. UNIX, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process and associated regulatory requirements and Good Clinical Practice (GCP), e.g. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines and understanding of external Pharmaceutical and Clinical Programming environment.
- Excellent inter-personal, conflict-resolution and teaming skills, ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels in various geographies as well as working independently
- Strong work ethics and high integrity standards
- Experience in working on a cross functional team in a matrix organization
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience working and delivering in a global organization.
- Customer focus – ability to consider multiple customer needs while able to take a bigger picture view
- Ability to represent the company at external conferences and forums.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.