The Health Group of Leidos is currently seeking a Research Scientist / Data Analyst to provide analytical and database support for a variety of health and psychological research studies. This position will be in the Health and Behavioral Sciences Department at the Naval Health Research Center located in San Diego, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will use SAS 9.4 and SAS Enterprise Guide to support comprehensive data management processes for diverse, research projects. They will work collaboratively with the Principal Investigator and research scientists identify ways to answer complex mental and physical health questions with population-level military medical and personnel electronic records. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. Providing SAS programming guidance and support to the Principal Investigator and other team members
2. Performing data manipulations and statistical analyses on large data sets containing military personnel and medical reimbursement data
3. Conducting various types of analyses using logistic regression, analysis of variance, survival analysis, and other techniques as required
4. Assisting in the development of human use protection protocols, technical reports, and scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed professional journals
5. Assisting in preparing and presenting informal and formal briefings at various international and national meeting as well as military activities
– Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of research experience
– Demonstrated experience using SAS, SPSS, R, STATA, or other statistical packages
– Knowledge of statistical techniques, including analysis of variance, logistic regression, and analysis of longitudinal data, including survival analysis
– Master’s degree in statistics or relevant social science field (e.g., epidemiology, public health, psychology) with a heavy quantitative focus
– At least 2 years of significant research experience with large, complex medical records databases, such as data from the Military Health System Data Repository
Due to contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and will be required obtain a Secret Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.