Division Healthineers Job Type Regular Business Unit Job Time Full-Time Functional Area RD – Research & Development Experience Level Entry Level Req ID 155691 Required Education Doctorate Degree Location NJ – Princeton Required Travel 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Research Scientist – Deep Learning and Computer Vision
The Medical Imaging Technology team of Siemens Healthcare Technology Center has an immediate opening in Princeton, NJ for a research scientist with a focus on Deep Learning and Computer Vision. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Computer Vision and Medical Imaging problems.
- Advance the state-of-the-art , including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Work on large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of image and video analysis product components.
- Work with customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Ph.D. in an engineering or science field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Math
- Strong background in Deep Learning.
- Graduate research and internship experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Image Understanding preferred.
- Experience in GPU programming.
- Knowledge in optical sensor technologies is a plus.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must. Further experience in Scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, disability status, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision:
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Click here to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.