About the Job
We are seeking a forward-looking and creative Research Manager to lead iZotope’s applied
research team in the discovery and evaluation of emerging audio technologies and their
application to our future products. Qualified applications should have demonstrable experience
managing and supporting a team of research and development engineers; expert knowledge in
the design and development of signal analysis and processing algorithms; a passion for music
and audio technology; and enthusiasm for and awareness of technological advances in DSP
and related disciplines. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing audio
plugins and be familiar with trends in audio software.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management and mentorship of software engineers on iZotope’s Research team
• Working closely with product management and development teams to identify and pursue research opportunities to develop breakthrough, enabling technologies for iZotope’s software and hardware products
• Supporting active projects through the delivery of new algorithms and technologies to product development teams
• Working with Engineering Managers and leaders throughout the department to define and uphold best practices company-wide
• External outreach to industry partners, universities and professional organizations in the audio industry to keep iZotope current in regards to relevant technology and scientific trends and promote iZotope’s contributions in these areas
• Direct contribution to research efforts through prototyping and development of new algorithms and technologies, and maintaining and upgrading our portfolio of existing technologies
• 2 or more years prior experience as a Research Lead or Manager
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
• In-depth knowledge of theoretical and applied DSP, especially in the areas of digital audio effects, speech processing and/or music information retrieval
• Expertise in at least one programming or scripting language, e.g., C/C++
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Team player and strong influence and leadership skills
• Experience with algorithm development using Matlab, Octave or Python
• Currency with modern applications of artificial intelligence / machine learning techniques in audio analysis and processing
• Experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
• Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.