Lux Research is looking for candidates with strong technical understanding and interest in machine learning/artificial intelligence, embedded systems, or robotics.
The strongest candidates will be those who are looking to use their expertise to assess the commercial viability and roadmap for emerging technologies. This position does not involve lab-work or technology development; rather it involves building on technical expertise through additional primary and secondary research to identify the best business opportunities and biggest risks for clients.
Lux Research provides a unique environment to bolster technical knowledge with business skills, by serving clients interested in monetizing emerging technologies.Clients include mulit-national electronics, software, diversified industrials, material and consumer goods companies in addition to investor and government groups.
Analysts spend their time speaking with innovative technology developers and clients, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to help clients make informed decisions.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Perform analyses ranging from technical due diligence to market forecasting and cost modeling
- Identify and develop research topics that cover key trends and actions for clients
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Minimum two years work or postgraduate experience with a background or experience in electrical engineering, sensors, embedded systems, robotics, machine learning, wireless communication, application development, or connected devices
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or Ph.D. is preferred. Degrees in the following will be considered: electrical engineering; mechanical engineering; computer science/engineering; systems engineering; materials science and engineering; and/or chemical engineering.
- Fluency in additional foreign languages is a plus.
Our research products are:
- Driven by proprietary primary research, not just publicly available data. We conduct over 5,000 interviews annually with company management, customers, partners, and outside experts, including on-site visits and facility inspections in 45 countries.
- Based on a deep understanding of technology and markets. Our researchers are not generalist consultants or market researchers, but domain experts (most with advanced degrees in science and engineering), familiar with issues and trends in these technology areas. At the same time, our analysts aren't simply technologists, but are well-versed in assessing business implications of emerging technology
- Factual, detailed, and numerate . We don't indulge in vague generalizations, but support conclusions with specific data, examples, and case studies. Lux Research reports and other deliverables are not merely qualitative, but provide specific numbers – market sizes, figures of merit, price/cost, revenues – to help make decisions
- Bold and opinionated. We do not simply take claims or reports at face value, but apply critical analysis to cut through the hype and get to what is really true. We do not just report data or information, but say what it means – and put a firm stake in the ground in recommending what clients should do.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.