REPORTING SOLUTIONS MANAGER – ACCESS & REFERRALS – ENTERPRISE ANALYTICS
The Reporting Solution Manager is the functional lead for an operational reporting team within a specific business or clinical area of the healthcare system. Reporting directly to the System Executive Director of Data Governance, the Reporting Solution Manager establishes, leads, and manages virtual teams of clinical and business staff across the system to drive consensus on developing domain-related reports. This position serves as the internal customer account manager, working with both leaders and end users to characterize requirements and ensure the successfully delivery of solutions to meet those needs.
Description of Duties:
1. Data-Driven Operations Expert: The RSM oversees the system-wide assessment, documentation, discussion, and standardization of current and future operational uses of clinical, financial, and administrative data, including data collection practices, workflow, and both operational reporting and decision support needs.
2. Solution development: The RSM leads the definition of effective operational reports, decision support tools, data-driven user experiences, key performance indicators, management dashboards and scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making
3. Team and Project management: The RSM demonstrates effective definition, formation and management of multi-disciplinary, multi-entity teams charged with identifying operational inconsistencies and defining system-wide standards for operational data use and decision support. The RSM provides efficient project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams. The RSM may also help drive system-level priorities and needs for Operational Reporting Teams (ORTs) and as such, will play a critical role in the ORT formation and workflow.
4. Communication and relationships: The RSM acts as a key Enterprise Analytics & Data Sciences leader and liaison between hospital leadership, physician leadership, other clinical leaders, operational leadership, ISD and other stakeholders. This role ensures a tight linkage between the department's efforts and the organizational goals. The RSM serves as a guide of the organization’s operational reporting priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications. The RSM develops concise, insightful, and politically savvy communications. These are often in PowerPoint, but also in email and verbally via committee meetings, staff meetings, and working sessions.
5. Negotiation. The RSM facilitates teams focused on identifying differences in operational practices, standard operating procedures, work instructions, and workflow that compromise the creation of consistent reporting standards across units and entities. Once identified, the RSM facilitates consensus building on system-wide standards that eliminate these inconsistencies.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Advanced Analytics is strongly preferred.
5+ years of demonstrated experience in healthcare business intelligence & analytics is required.
United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.